* Ada source reformater : where ?
@ 1996-12-05  0:00 Gilles ZUNINO
From: Gilles ZUNINO @ 1996-12-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

	I'm new to that group and after looking at www.adahome.com
I was unable to get a free ada source reformater (like cb for C)

	Can someone give me a clue ?

	Thanks a lots in advance.
--
Gilles ZUNINO		UNIX and Macintosh programmer
vf@cal.univ-lille1.fr

	"Love is like a lotery : to win, you must first take a ticket"

* Re: Ada source reformater : where ?
@ 1996-12-05  0:00 ` John English
From: John English @ 1996-12-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

: 	I'm new to that group and after looking at www.adahome.com
: I was unable to get a free ada source reformater (like cb for C)

There's a simple one built into my Win95 IDE for GNAT (see my homepage,
address in sig below...)

: Gilles ZUNINO		UNIX and Macintosh programmer

...but if you're not running Win95/NT you can always port it to
another system -- the source is included in the distribution file,
but it's in Delphi (i.e. Pascal).

Hope this helps.

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.comp.it.bton.ac.uk/je
 Dept. of Computing        | fax: (+44) 1273 642405
 University of Brighton    |

* Re: Ada source reformater : where ?
@ 1996-12-06  0:00   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1996-12-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <586ti4$l9o@saturn.brighton.ac.uk>, je@bton.ac.uk (John English) writes:
> Gilles ZUNINO (vf@cal.univ-lille1.fr) wrote:
> : 	I'm new to that group and after looking at www.adahome.com
> : I was unable to get a free ada source reformater (like cb for C)
>
> There's a simple one built into my Win95 IDE for GNAT (see my homepage,
> address in sig below...)
>
> : Gilles ZUNINO		UNIX and Macintosh programmer
>
> ...but if you're not running Win95/NT you can always port it to
> another system -- the source is included in the distribution file,
> but it's in Delphi (i.e. Pascal).

Thank you John, for mentioning that.  I had not considered most
possibilities in this area because they require installation of
what seem to me to be Unix-like tools which I do not have. I am
sure there are others who don't have Delphi but do have the full
array of Unix-like tools and/or the time to play with them.

I consume bandwidth with this message just to encourage all who
make offerings such as John to indicate in broad terms the types
of underlying assumptions made by the tools.  Even though the IDE
is for GNAT, my firm belief is that the Delphi-reformatted code
will go through the ObjectAda compiler (as well as my code goes
through any compiler :-).

Larry Kilgallen

* Re: Ada source reformater : where ?
@ 1996-12-06  0:00 ` Bob Crispen
From: Bob Crispen @ 1996-12-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gilles ZUNINO wrote:

>        I'm new to that group and after looking at www.adahome.com
>I was unable to get a free ada source reformater (like cb for C)

I tend toward tiny tools.
http://hiwaay.net/~crispen/src/prettify95.zip prettifies caps, and
http://hiwaay.net/~crispen/src/colalign.zip aligns colons.

I map them into function keys on my editor so I can just hit
the proper function key and prettify a line or "paragraph".

This is in reaction to some early Ada pretty printers that
had a million options and ended up producing files that
looked like hell anyway.

You can probably use these as templates for other tiny tools
that'll do the kinds of things you need to do.  The former
is in Ada 95 source and the latter is in C source.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen@hiwaay.net