* GNAT BUG DETECTED
@ 1996-12-03  0:00 Carl Kugler
From: Carl Kugler @ 1996-12-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is gnat trying to tell me here?

gcc -c -gnate -gnatf -gnatdc
rsc_simple_configuration_objects_ado_unit.adb
Reading specs from /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix5.3/2.7.0/specs
gcc version 2.7.0
 /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-sgi-irix5.3/2.7.0/gnat1 -quiet -dumpbase
rsc_simple
_configuration_objects_ado_unit.adb -gnate -gnatf -gnatdc
rsc_simple_configurati
on_objects_ado_unit.adb -o /var/tmp/cca004eA.s
====  Compiling package spec ada from "/usr/local/adainclude/ada.ads",
line 18:1

====  Compiling subprogram body size_of_queue from
"rsc_queue_manager_unit.adb",
 line 62:3
+===========================GNAT BUG
DETECTED==============================+
| Error detected at "rsc_simple_configuration_objects_ado_unit.adb",
line 2:1|
| If you are in the U.S. or Canada please contact
the                      |
| Technical Assistance Center at 1-800-800-4SGI. If you
are                |
| outside the U.S. or Canada, contact the Silicon
Graphics                 |
| subsidiary or authorized distributor in your
country.                    |
| GNAT V2.07 (mips-sgi-irix5.3) Gigi abort,
Code=999                       |
+==========================================================================+
compilation abandoned

* Re: GNAT BUG DETECTED
@ 1996-12-04  0:00 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1996-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Carl Kugler wrote:

> What is gnat trying to tell me here?
>
> gcc -c -gnate -gnatf -gnatdc
> rsc_simple_configuration_objects_ado_unit.adb

> [snip]

> +===========================GNAT BUG
> DETECTED==============================+

This seems pretty clear to me! Your code found a bug in gnat!

> [snip]

> | GNAT V2.07 (mips-sgi-irix5.3) Gigi abort,
> Code=999                       |

This is an ancient version of gnat; current is 3.08. Update now!

--
- Stephe

* Re: GNAT BUG DETECTED
@ 1996-12-04  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Carl got the following output from GNAT

+===========================GNAT BUG DETECTED==============================+
| Error detected at "rsc_simple_configuration_objects_ado_unit.adb", line 2:1|
| If you are in the U.S. or Canada please contact the                      |
| Technical Assistance Center at 1-800-800-4SGI. If you are                |
| outside the U.S. or Canada, contact the Silicon Graphics                 |
| subsidiary or authorized distributor in your country.                    |
| GNAT V2.07 (mips-sgi-irix5.3) Gigi abort, Code=999                       |
+==========================================================================+

and asks what GNAT is tryuing to tell him

GNAT is trying (and it seems reasonably well succeeding) to tell you that
a GNAT BUG has been detected, and that you should contact the SGI
Technical Assistance Center at the given number. Did you do so?

GNAT does a lot of internal consistency checking and if it detects a
case of an internal inconsistency of some kind, outputs the above box.
There are two variants depending on whether or not you have support
from SGI (the other version advises you to send a report to report@gnat.com)

The location in the source given in line 1 is often useful in working
around the problem, especially if you are using GNAT without any support
from SGI or ACT.

* Re: GNAT BUG DETECTED
@ 1996-12-04  0:00   ` J.A. Gutierrez
From: J.A. Gutierrez @ 1996-12-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:

> Carl Kugler wrote:

> > | GNAT V2.07 (mips-sgi-irix5.3) Gigi abort,
> > Code=999                       |
>
> This is an ancient version of gnat; current is 3.08. Update now!

It compiles under IRIX 6.2? I haven't tried yet, but I'm interested

And I'd like to know if you can compile the full set:

	gcc, g++, gnat and g77

I have this in SunOS and Solaris, and it worked in IRIX 5.3.
I have seen the recipes to compile gcc for IRIX 6.2 but haven't
find the time to try it...

--
 J.A. Gutierrez E.   /    http://www.cps.unizar.es/~spd

        They call it stormy monday / But Tuesday's just as bad
       Lord and Wednesday's worse / And Thursday's oh so sad
     (T.Bone Walker)