* GUI Frontend for GNAT on UNIX
@ 1996-11-29  0:00 Jean-francois FABRE
       [not found] ` <01bbecb1$65bef300$41d879a8@local.mindspring.com>
From: Jean-francois FABRE @ 1996-11-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does it exist a GUI frontend for gnu ADA on UNIX/X-WINDOWS/X-MOTIF
platforms?

Jeff

--
Homepage: http://www.ensica.fr/~jffabre

* Re: GUI Frontend for GNAT on UNIX
       [not found] ` <01bbecb1$65bef300$41d879a8@local.mindspring.com>
@ 1996-12-20  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1996-12-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gus wrote:

> Jean-francois FABRE <jffabre@ensica.fr> wrote in article
> <329EA84B.41C6@ensica.fr>...
> > Does it exist a GUI frontend for gnu ADA on UNIX/X-WINDOWS/X-MOTIF
> > platforms?
> >
> Sorry this reply is a little late.  GRASP is available at:
>
> http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/grasp.html

From what I can tell, GRASP is more of a CASE tool than a a GUI
front-end for GNAT. It looks useful...but not for what Jean-francois was
asking about.

--
T.E.D.
             |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.lmco.com  |

* Re: GUI Frontend for GNAT on UNIX
@ 1996-12-30  0:00       ` Gus
From: Gus @ 1996-12-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Young <mikey@mcs.com> wrote in article
<32C78DE5.4870@mcs.com>...
> Ted Dennison wrote:
> >
> > From what I can tell, GRASP is more of a CASE tool than a a GUI
> > front-end for GNAT. It looks useful...but not for what
Jean-francois was
> > asking about.
>
> ======
> Actually, they say in their Current Features page that GRASP is
indeed a
> gui interface to GNAT. "Interface with GNAT - GRASP now acts as a
GUI
> front-end to GNAT, the GNU Ada Translator. This interface includes
the
> ability to run semantic checks via the compiler, as well as perform
> compiles and makes without having to leave the CSD window.
Additionally,
> if errors are found during compilation, the offending line of code
is
> highlighted in the CSD window."

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/department/cse/research/grasp/current_featur
es.html

> Mike.

I'm one of the developers on the GRASP team at Auburn Univ.  The Unix
version of GRASP is designed to be a front-end to the compiler as
well as a code understanding tool.  It does not include a debugger,
but programs can be executed from within the GUI.  A Win95/WinNT
version of GRASP with the same capabilities will be available by
spring of '97.

- Gus
(a.k.a. Karl Mathias, Ph.D Student, Auburn Univ.)

* Re: GUI Frontend for GNAT on UNIX
@ 1996-12-30  0:00     ` Mike Young
From: Mike Young @ 1996-12-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

======