From: Paul Chardon <paul.chardon@avions.aerospatiale.fr>
Subject: Define Stream Input and Output for limited types ?
Date: 1996/11/28
Date: 1996-11-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello,

	I,m reading a paragragh in the ARM95 and I'mnot sure to well understand
it. So, if anyone can tell me more about that.

ARM95 A.4.1 Stream Input and Output (sixth paragraph)

"Sequential processing of streams is performed using attributes T'Read,
T'Write, T'Input and T'Output. These attributes are predefined for
non-limited types. The user can replace them by providing an attribute
definition clause and can also define such attributes explicitily for
limited types. ..."

"define such attributes" : does it mean giving a value to such an
attribute for a limited type for it is got no default.

for Limited_Type'Read use My_Read_Procedure;

Because I wonder how I can define an attribute. Unfortunately, there is
no example.

	Thanks, Paul.

P.S.: Sorry, if you think it is a dummy question.