From: Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Automatic Test Code Generator
Date: 1996/11/27
Date: 1996-11-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

We looked into this recently. We found two commercial vendors (there are
probably others):

** McCabe Associates  800-638-6316
http://www.mccabe.com

** Vector Software Inc. 401-295-5855
     1130 Ten Rod Road
     Suite E-307
     North Kingstown, Rhode Island 02852
     fax:   401-295-5856
    www.vectors.com

McCabe makes a static path analysis tool, and a path coverage reporting
tool (it instruments your code and gathers statistics). Vector makes a
test suite generator.

Both say generating the actual test case data is up to you; they wish
they knew how to do it automatically - they'd get rich!

The McCabe tool will help a lot in generating the test cases, and in
verifying that you have actually covered each branch at the Ada source
level. As another poster pointed out, it is not clear that this is the
same as covering each instruction, particularly since adding the
reporting code can affect what the compiler optimizer does.

--
- Stephe