From: Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Automatic Test Code Generator
Date: 1996/11/27
Date: 1996-11-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Art Schwarz wrote:

> I'm trying to find a test case generator for Ada.
> The minimum requirements are:
> [1] Be able to generate test cases for a single
>     procedure.
> [2] The test cases should be able to exercise
>     each instruction (not each path).
>
> I suspect that I could modify the static code analyser
> (in "The Home of the Brave Ada Programmers" or Arcadia)
> so that it could generate test cases but, if such a
> tool is available I'd rather use it (software reuse
> being what it is these days). Anyone have a clue as
> to availability?

Check the AdaIC web page at

  http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/tools/Welcome.html

I know there are several tools available that can _identify_ the
tests that need to be run, but I don't know how many will actually
generate the test harnesses directly from that analysis. We usually
generate our tests from the functional requirements, then use the
coverage analysis as a check on the quality of the tests, rather than
generating tests directly from the analysis.

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"
For more info, see http://www.lmtas.com or http://www.lmco.com