From: Dave Wood <dpw@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: how to access Serial port in ada?
Date: 1996/11/25
Date: 1996-11-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Kilgallen wrote:

> I was under the impression that the term "console applications"
> with ObjectAda means what some people would call "DOS mode". If
> that is the case, relying on the Windows API is not viable,
> regardless of which version you bought.

All versions of ObjectAda support console apps (looks like
DOS, smells like DOS, but runs in a 95/NT console window, not
under DOS itself.)  If you want to make actual DOS executables,
you need to add the OpenPack, which enables you to easily
turn the console app into a 32-bit DOS executable via a
DOS extender.  DOS packages are available as well for
DOS-level access.  They can be downloaded at no charge
from our web site (as soon as we get FTP re-connected to
it - these name changes can be most inconvenient.)

BTW, there is no such thing as the "student version" of
ObjectAda.  There is, however, student pricing.

> Larry Kilgallen
> who thinks Aonix is a much worse name than Thomson

Okay, then, we'll change it back.  :)

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix - "Ada with an Attitude"
-- http://www.aonix.com