From: Dave Wood <dpw@thomsoft.com>
To: Li Li <whasan@cyberoffice.com>
Subject: Re: how to access Serial port in ada?
Date: 1996/11/21
Date: 1996-11-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Li Li wrote:

> I have ObjectAda student version. which runs under win95 and creates
> console applications.
>
> How can i access serial port in ObjectAda.

Write a device driver.

One possibility that just dropped on my desk (I
know nothing about it, I just happened to get this
card in the mail today) is something called
SoftwareWedge from TAL Technologies, www.taltech.com.
From the card, it looks like it provides 2-way
i/o from a serial port such that you have easy
access from your application.  You might look into
it.

> Also can I use this version to create GUI apps for win 95? if yes any place
> i can find examples?

Yes, of course.  You can find numerous examples on
the ObjectAda CD-ROM.  Look in the samples folder and
also the win32ada\samples folder.

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix - "Ada with an Attitude"
-- http://www.aonix.com