From: Michael Levasseur <levass@gdesystems.com>
Subject: TI Selling Defense Section
Date: 1996/11/16
Date: 1996-11-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I read in a magazine last week that TI was going to sell its
defense electronics divisions and get completely out of the defense
business.

I wonder if there are any ramifications for the Tartan Ada compilers?
I know they bought Tartan six months ago. Are they planning on
selling, abandoning or "letting whither on the vine" Tartan's Ada
existing compiler's?

If TI is only going to make commercial equipment, will Tartan still
continue to build new Ada and even Ada95 compilers for new target
hardware? And if they will I wonder how aggressively and where on
Tartan's list of priorities Ada will be????