From: Vincent Celier <vcelier@direct.ca>
Subject: Re: Reasons NOT To Choose Ada
Date: 1996/11/15
Date: 1996-11-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Boaz Chow wrote:

> 5.1.  Can't feed my family with Ada.
>
> look at the newspaper,  they all want Visual Basic programmers for writting
> windows95 program.  My friend gradurated from an university.  He had to go
> buy a book called "TEACH YOURSELVES VISUAL BASIC IN 21 DAYS" for the job he
> was offered right after he was out of school.  (He was using NeXT Step from
> his school)

What do you want to prove with this uncomplete story ? That to get a job
that requires
Visual Basic, you don't need to know it ? Or that to learn Visual Basic,
you
need only 3 weeks ?  I said "uncomplete" story, because you don't say
that your friend
got the job.

And in any case, some anecdotal information and statistics based on
newspaper adds
does not prove anything. It acn only prove that it is not cost-effective
to advertize
for Ada developpers in these mewspapers.

-- Vincent Celier,
-- 9100 McCutcheon Place, RICHMOND, B.C.
-- CANADA, V7A 5A5
-- +1 (604) 241-9811