From: "Suzanne B. Zampella" <szampell@accessus.net>
Subject: Re: NRC Public Briefing on Ada
Date: 1996/11/11
Date: 1996-11-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Tucker Taft wrote:

> Rush Kester (rkester@csc.com) wrote:
>
> : Having successfully used Ada 83 on simulators (e.g., spacecraft orbit,
> : attitude, and other telemetry data), the exclusion of "simulators" is a
> : disappointing suprise!  ...
>
> Remember, the NRC committee recommendations deal with in what domains Ada
> should be mandated, not in what domains Ada should be considered for use.
> Ada can and should be used wherever it makes business and technical sense.

Yeah, But I believe Rush's point is that after so many years of trying
to get around the mandates on Ada--just because they didn't want to be
old what to do-- companies are going to see the dropped mandate as
freedom.  it will be a while before they grow up enough to realize what
the European market has known for years...Ada is just plain better.
Reminds me of Sunday's "Hi and Lois" Comic strip.

Suzanne Zampella
Ada Software Engineer for 13 years and counting.  Windmill jousting at
no additional charge!