* Need Reference Manual for GNAT (was: Help needed with GNAT)
@ 1996-10-22  0:00 ` Larry Kilgallen
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 1996-10-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <54i75i$u84@alf01.uib.es>, ACQ002@ps.uib.es () writes:

>  We need a reference manual for GNAT-ADA. Is there anyone available on the Net?

Presuming you are interested in the programming reference manual
rather than GNAT-specific installation, look up the Ada 95 reference
manual via www.adahome.com.

You might also choose to look up the Ada 95 Rationale, which is
quite good at explaining _why_ certain things are done in Ada.

www.adahome.com can also direct you to GNAT kits, as can www.gnat.com.

* Help needed with GNAT
@ 1996-10-22  0:00 ACQ002
From: ACQ002 @ 1996-10-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 We need a reference manual for GNAT-ADA. Is there anyone available on the Net?

  Thanks.

* Re: Help needed with GNAT
@ 1996-10-23  0:00 ` steved
From: steved @ 1996-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <54i75i$u84@alf01.uib.es>, ACQ002@ps.uib.es () writes:

> We need a reference manual for GNAT-ADA. Is there anyone available on the Net?
>
>  Thanks.

There used to be an outdated manual for GNAT on Silicon Graphics Web site
somewhere under http://www.sgi.com/Technology/TechPubs.  But I just took
a quick look and didn't find it there.

ACT has indicated that more extensive documentation will be included with
a future release.

Hope this helps,
Steve Doiel

* Re: Help needed with GNAT
@ 1996-10-23  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-10-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

i" We need a reference manual for GNAT-ADA. Is there anyone available on the Net?"

The current reference material is gnatinfo.txt, if you are using GNAT and
do not have access to this file, complain to whoever installed it for
you, they messed up! This file is included with all distributions of GNAT.

A full GNAT reference manual will be available with version 3.07 of GNAT

* Re: Help needed with GNAT
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 1996-10-30  0:00 ` David Shochat
From: David Shochat @ 1996-10-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

ACQ002@ps.uib.es wrote:

>  We need a reference manual for GNAT-ADA. Is there anyone available on the Net?
>
>   Thanks.
If you mean the manual for the GNAT *compiler*, it comes with GNAT
(which is itself available on the Net, so I guess...)

The file is gnatinfo.txt and you will find it in the main directory
where you (or someone) unpacked the GNAT distribution. They're talking
about coming out with a fancier set of documentation in the near future,
but for now, you want gnatinfo.txt.

If you want the reference manual for the Ada 95 *language*, that too is
available on the Net:
http://www.adahome.com/rm95/

-- David