From: Anita Holmgren <anita@tenon.com>
Subject: Re: Ada95 Compiler for a Macintosh?
Date: 1996/10/29
Date: 1996-10-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dave Shawley wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about GNAT's plans on
> releasing an Ada95 compiler for the Mac. (The current one is nothing
> more than a plug-in for MPW/CW?!? (right?)). I was looking for
> something along the lines of GWUAda. I have the Ada83 release, but
> a class that I'm taking will soon be moving beyond the Ada95 features
> that are also in Ada83.

The GNAT-Mac Ada95 compiler has been ported to MachTen for both Mac
and Power Mac.  So, today, you can buy MachTen (at the 50% educational
discount) and have an Ada95 development environment on your Mac.  On
Power Macs, you can even develop pure Mac applications from this Ada
UNIX environment.

Check out:http://www.tenon.com  and http://gnat-mac.com/macada/

-Anita