From: Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Compiler for Windows-95?
Date: 1996/10/28
Date: 1996-10-28T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Kilgallen wrote:

> In article <54tntd$7jp@data.csw.net>, kthompso@CSWNET.COM (Kenn E. Thompson) writes:
>
> >                        What ever happened to index file structures
> > being part of a native language?  Of course, I can write index files,
> > but my code is not as effecient as the code generated by a compiler.

DEC Ada provides packages for efficient index files. I would assume the GNAT
compiler for Alpha/VMS will also support these packages.

> > BTW, is Ada still the official language of the DOD?

Per the last DoD directives, yes. However, as has always been the case,
exceptions are made under certain circumstances. These "certain circumstances"
can change over time.

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"
For more info, see http://www.lmtas.com or http://www.lmco.com