From: lance@eco.twg.com (Lance Kibblewhite)
Subject: The Cygnus GNU Tools
Date: 1996/10/24
Date: 1996-10-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

It has been mentioned that the Win32 GNAT has been changed to work to
work the Cygnus GNU Tools for the next release.

What exactly does this mean?  What are the advantages of doing this?
What types of changes can we expect?

Does it mean for instance we will be required to LD rather then Link?
Will we still be able to integrate Gnat with the Visual C++ IDE?

While the current integration of Gnat with NT/Win95 is ok, it still
has some rough edges. For example, it still uses environment symbols
rather the using the registry. There are difficulties hosting both GCC
and VC++ on the same system, and using both simultaneously, as in the
same project.

What impact does the use of the Cygnus Tools have on this?

-- Lance.