From: "steve@thomsoft.com" <steve@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: ObjectAda Professional GUI Builder
Date: 1996/10/24
Date: 1996-10-24T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Frank C. Post wrote:

> I just received a copy of ObjectAda for Windows.  It's the professional
> edition, the one with the gui builder.
>
> I've been teaching Ada for 5 years, and I thought I had a clue.  I've even
> written a few simple applications in Visual Basic, so I thought I
> understood the concepts behind these new visual languages.
>
> My question is:  How does the GUI Bulder work?  I've searched the documents
> from start to finish, and though it's very descriptive concerning its
> abilities, it provides VERY LITTLE syntactical help.  What now?  Can anyone
> point me in the direction of additional references?  Or send me some sample
> code?
>
> At this point, any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
>
> --
>
> Frank C. Post
> postman@christcom.net
> "I am the way, the truth and the life"
>                                           --Jesus Christ

In the online help of the GUI Builder under the "Contents"
page:

  Introduction to the GUI Builder

    Overview
    Creating your first GUI Builder application

The "Overview" and "Creating..." sections should help you
out a lot.

After that you can look at the spec of the gbObject library
(objectada\guibuild\lib\gbobject.ads).  This spec describes
the different properties, methods and events that the GUI
Builder objects have.

Lastly, for more info/questions you can sign up on the
mailing list with:

 Neil O'Brien                    obrien@east.thomsoft.com
 Customer Support                (617) 221 7320

In the future there will be more documentation and examples.

Happy programming,

Steve Sivulka
Thomson Software Products