From: "Matthew S. Whiting" <whiting@epix.net>
Subject: Re: ObjectAda Professional GUI Builder
Date: 1996/10/17
Date: 1996-10-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Frank C. Post wrote:

> My question is:  How does the GUI Bulder work?  I've searched the documents
> from start to finish, and though it's very descriptive concerning its
> abilities, it provides VERY LITTLE syntactical help.  What now?  Can anyone
> point me in the direction of additional references?  Or send me some sample
> code?

I'm at home and thus can't fire up ObjectAda to take a look, but I found an
example that walks you through building a very simple GuiBuilder application
that has a button that simply changes the window background color to red.  It
isn't much, but it walks you through the basic steps.  Have you actually got
GuiBuilder to fire up?  I'm running on Windows NT and it wouldn't load
initially.  The folks at Thomson support were, however, very response in
sending me the "patch" required to modify the registry appropriately.  If you
can't find the GuiBuilder example after a little more searching, drop me a
line at work (whiting_ms@corning.com) and I'll see if I can find it again.
It was probably either in the GuiBuilder help or one of the many document
icons that appears in the ObjectAda program group.

> At this point, any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

Not much help as yet, but at least you know there is something there to look
for!

Matt