From: "Stanley R. Allen" <s_allen@hso.link.com>
Subject: Re: Call for ACE participation
Date: 1996/10/17
Date: 1996-10-17T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Kilgallen wrote:

> The method you describe (try for derived types, but skip them in
> cases where they cause trouble) seems appropriate to me, but was
> obviously not used in the Ada bindings I have needed so far.

Speaking of which... why not use private types in your thin binding?
I've seen this technique used before -- an old Xlib binding defined
all of the basic X resource identifiers (Atom, Font, Bitmap, etc) as
private types which internally were derived from Integer.  It was
nice (certainly it was the intent of the X consortium, even though
their language did not support the concept), and it was still thin.

--
Stanley Allen
s_allen@hso.link.com