From: Jose Miguel Espadero Guillermo <jespa@jumilla.dtf.fi.upm.es>
Cc: jespa@jumilla
Subject: Linking Ada with X
Date: 1996/10/14
Date: 1996-10-14T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm a user of a sgi with Irix 5.3 and the gnat Ada compiler installed
  in. I'm working also with a LYNX machine with the XInAda package so
  I can write programs X completelly in Ada. I've tried to use gnat
  to write programs based on Motif, so I compiled the examples installed
  in /usr/demos/Ada/X11 (hello_motif.adb and all the rest)
  I compile them with no problems and then try to bind it with:

gnatbl hello_motif.ali -lXt -lXm -lX11

  and I get the message:

/usr/lib/ld:
Unresolved:
do_varargs

  Grrrrr!!! whereis the file where do_varargs is defined. The Makefile
  search it with the path ../ada/var.o , but no file var.o is found
  in all the disk nor the CDROM Ada95 Compiler 1.1 (original of sgi)
  who  contains all the examples I can't link. Of course, it is not
  in the Irix Development Options 5.3.

  1. Does somebody know if it's required this file for all programs
     with X and Ada.

  2. Where can I find that file (var.o) or where can I get the function
     do_varargs (it's written on C).

  3. Should I send the mafia round SGI ??? I wouldn't like to have to
     hurt the GNU folks.

  Thanks.

--
Jose Miguel Espadero Guillermo