* NON EXPENSIVE ADA COMPILER
@ 1996-10-04  0:00 Luis M. Camarinha-Matos
From: Luis M. Camarinha-Matos @ 1996-10-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi to All!

Does any one knows about an ADA compiler to be used for educational
purposes which supports the interrupt pragma.
We would like to use the ADA language to support the practical exercises
of Real Time Classes. To use interrupts to driven some tasks would be
mandatory for us.
Thanks

Jose Barata

* Re: NON EXPENSIVE ADA COMPILER
@ 1996-10-05  0:00 ` Michael Levasseur
From: Michael Levasseur @ 1996-10-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luis M. Camarinha-Matos wrote:

> Does any one knows about an ADA compiler to be used for educational
> purposes which supports the interrupt pragma.

If Ada 95 will work why don't you try the GNAT ADa95. This is supported
on multiple platforms and is FREE!!! It's a pretty good Ada compiler and
can be downloaded from the Net. The ftp site is:

ftp.cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat

There is a document set that explains the Ada95 language.

* Re: NON EXPENSIVE ADA COMPILER
@ 1996-10-06  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1996-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jose asks

"Does any one knows about an ADA compiler to be used for educational
purposes which supports the interrupt pragma.
We would like to use the ADA language to support the practical exercises
of Real Time Classes. To use interrupts to driven some tasks would be
mandatory for us.
Thanks"

Well there is no Interrupt pragma in Ada 95, but let's assume you
mean Interrupt_Handler.

This is supported on the Solaris version of GNAT, which is freely available
for both educational and commercial use (FTP from cs.nyu.edu, directories
pub/gnat). Commercial and educational support are also available for this
version of GNAT from Ada Core Technologies (send email to info@gnat.com for
details on available support).