From: Stephen & Tammy House <house@ro.com>
To: "Volker.Lendecke" <lendecke@namu20.num.math.uni-goettingen.de>
Subject: Re: How to set stack size of main task?
Date: 1996/10/01
Date: 1996-10-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

The main task stack size in Ada83 is determined by the RTS and or the
OS.  Under unix, the shell has stack size limits set (see the limit
command).  I'm not sure, but I doubt that Ada95 has done anything about
this.  Tasks are set up by the RTS, but there is no hook to the main
thread since it is started by the OS's loader.

Of course, you don't need to have to matrix allocated on the program
stack.  Create the object on the heap with an access type.  There still
might be problems with the compiler when objects get very large.  Check
around in package System for data record size limits.  And, of course,
even the heap has its limits, virtual memory or no.