From: "John G. Volan" <John_Volan@syspac.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT V2.07 (mips-sgi-irix5.3) Gigi abort, Code=116
Date: 1996/09/26
Date: 1996-09-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

John H. Dibbs wrote:
[snip]
> I did talk to SGI, eventually (1 week for response).
> By that time I found a work-around.

Yes, after my first post, I noticed that I'd missed the fact that you'd
already put in a call to them, but that they were slow to respond.  A
whole week?  Wow, not a good sign. A few months ago, working a project
that used SGI's compiler, I recall that we got pretty good response from
them.  Then again, a week is really not all that bad, if you compare it
to the geological slowness of some Ada vendors (who shall remain
nameless) during the 1980's. :-)

Giving SGI the benefit of the doubt, maybe the 1-800 number isn't the
best avenue for getting quick help from them. You might want to look
into becoming a beta site for SGI (or get your higher-ups to look into
it).  That way, you can get interim updates of the compiler and talk
with SGI's engineers directly.  Anyway, a little bird tells me that SGI
may be coming out with an official update of their GNAT port fairly
soon.  I defer to any SGI folks who might want to chime in at this point

Internet.Usenet.Put_Signature
  (Name => "John G. Volan",  Home_Email => "John_Volan@syspac.com",
   Employer => "S.A.I.C.",   Work_Email => "John_Volan@dayton.saic.com",
   Slogan => "Ada95: The World's *FIRST* International-Standard OOPL",
   Disclaimer => "My employer never defined these opinions, so using " &
     "them is totally erroneous...or is that a bounded error now? :-)");