From: Calius <tow@netvision.net.il>
Subject: Re: Linking an ADA routine to a program written in C
Date: 1996/09/20
Date: 1996-09-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> snip nip
>
> Perhaps I have just been lucky, but with 160,000 lines
> of code, I have never had to worry about "elaboration", it "just
> happens".  It uses the LIB$INITIALIZE mechanism, which would surely
> not be inhibited by intermixing C.
>
> Larry Kilgallen

I'm sorry to "barge" into your thread here :), but I can tell you this:
I've called ADA procedures which require elaboration from C several
times. I know
it works, and as Larry, it "just happens".  I can, however, explain WHY
is "just
happens" (Or so I think):

My implementation of ADA ( Verdix SELF ) has a pragma ELABORATE, which
tells the
runtime system that each time a procedure is called, the entry code for
that procedure should check to make sure that the procedure was
elaborated, and if not,
elaborate at runtime.  That's all there is to it.

                                                    Calius