* Re: Ada Editor  P.S.
@ 1996-09-11  0:00   ` David Shochat
From: David Shochat @ 1996-09-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Baker wrote:

> Emacs.  NTEmacs is a Win32 version that I've used occasionally.
> (Under NT, but it should work under Win95)...

It certainly does work beautifully under Win95. Better yet, it works on
Win95 the same as it does on Unix which means I don't have to switch
mental gears when I happen do be working on Win95. And all the same
"modes" work (e.g. Ada Mode). Even if Whistler were a rich student, he
couldn't do better imo. It just happens to be free.
-- David

* Ada Editor  P.S.
@ 1996-09-11  0:00 Whistler
From: Whistler @ 1996-09-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

P.S.  I am a poor stucent, so I can't afford to buy a fancy editor.  So
better yet, what is a good free Ada Editor that I can use with GNAT for
Win95?
Adam Conde
conde@ucla.edu

* Re: Ada Editor  P.S.
@ 1996-09-11  0:00 ` Greg Baker
From: Greg Baker @ 1996-09-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Whistler" <conde@ucla.edu> writes:
> P.S.  I am a poor student, so I can't afford to buy a fancy editor.  So
> better yet, what is a good free Ada Editor that I can use with GNAT for
> Win95?

Emacs.  NTEmacs is a Win32 version that I've used occasionally.
(Under NT, but it should work under Win95).  Syntax highlighting,
automatic code indentation,  macro language,  multi-language support,
jump-tags,  lots of other stuff.

 ftp://june.cs.washington.edu/pub/ntemacs

Hope this helps.

--
Gregory D. Baker        gbaker@rp.csiro.au         CSIRO Radiophysics
   - predictions of the future - quantum computers - silly poetry  -