* Infix calculator
@ 1996-09-04  0:00 gooby
From: gooby @ 1996-09-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I guess this isn't in the FAQ...

I'm looking for VHDL code (procs and funcs) which implements a
calculator for infix-notation expressions. The one pre-requisite is that
it is not RECURSIVE, since my elaborator can't handle recursive sub-prog
calls.

Anyone?

(An ADA equivalent would be a good start)

Goobs

* Re: Infix calculator
@ 1996-09-05  0:00 ` kjprice
From: kjprice @ 1996-09-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gooby

gooby@xilinx.com wrote:

> I guess this isn't in the FAQ...
>
> I'm looking for VHDL code (procs and funcs) which implements a
> calculator for infix-notation expressions. The one pre-requisite is that
> it is not RECURSIVE, since my elaborator can't handle recursive sub-prog
> calls.
>
> Anyone?
>
> (An ADA equivalent would be a good start)
>
> Goobs

There's a book called "Applied Ada", can't remember the author, but it
was published in the 80's by TSR publishers (PA I think) had a Ada
calculator example in it.  Probably out of print by now, but someone may
have it.  --Ken

* Re: Infix calculator
@ 1996-09-06  0:00 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 1996-09-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

gooby@xilinx.com wrote:

> calculator for infix-notation expressions. The one pre-requisite is that
> it is not RECURSIVE, since my elaborator can't handle recursive sub-prog
> calls.

That means the "calculator" would have to implement its own stack to push
and pop its operands. Code implementing a simple stack is all you really
need. The rest should be trivial.

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |