From: Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Java is not the right language
Date: 1996/09/06
Date: 1996-09-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mike Stark wrote:

> Bert -- where's your sense of humor,man!!??  I think the joke gets at
> the larger truth that when someone is developing systems that will
> land airliners you *want* that neurotic (I prefer the term "attention
>  to detail", myself) attitude.

As someone who develops systems that control aircraft landings (and
take-offs, and taxi runs, and flight in general), I strongly object to
the term "neurotic" when applied to the care and precision asssociated
with the software development process. I prefer the term "full bore
paranoid." I would hope that the folks developing applets, particularly
those associated with electronic commerce and so forth, have similar
attitudes and so would appreciate Ada's capabilities for developing
solid software.

> It helps the number of takeoffs equal
> the number of landings, always a desirable characteristic!

Other than, say, spacecraft, aren't these always equal at some point?

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"