* vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-05  0:00 jin.lu
From: jin.lu @ 1996-09-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

We are working on developing a real-time system based on
vme cards (MIPS or Motorola) connected by vme backplane.
Our customers require that we use commercial RTOS like
pSos, VxWorks, VRTX and Chorus/OS and CORBA as a transparent
communication means (our system is very concurrent and
distributive).  We would like to consider Ada95 as the
programming language for its nice features. Is there a way
that we can put all things mentioned together?  Thanks for
your response.

Jin
This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
    http://www.dejanews.com/      [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News!]

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-06  0:00 ` Vincent Smeets
From: Vincent Smeets @ 1996-09-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

jin.lu@zenithe.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are working on developing a real-time system based on
> vme cards (MIPS or Motorola) connected by vme backplane.
> Our customers require that we use commercial RTOS like
> pSos, VxWorks, VRTX and Chorus/OS and CORBA as a transparent
> communication means (our system is very concurrent and
> distributive).  We would like to consider Ada95 as the
> programming language for its nice features. Is there a way
> that we can put all things mentioned together?  Thanks for
> your response.

Hello,

We are using the RISCAda+m cross compiler from Thomson Software
Products. It is an Ada83 compiler which generates code for m68k with
pSOS+m. They also have compilers for MIPS, but I don't know whether they
have the combination with pSOS+m.

I havn't heard anything yet about an Ada95 cross compiler. You can
better ask them yourself.

You can find the Ada cross compilers on:

	http://www.alsys.com/products/ada/cross.html

They doesn't mention there pSOS+, but I know that they have a compiler
because I'm using one.

regards
Vincent

--      Vincent Smeets              Competence Center Informatik GmbH
--      Tel. : +49-5931-805461      Postfach 1225
--      Fax  : +49-5931-842461      49702 Meppen, Germany
--      EMail: smeets@cci.de        http://www.cci.de/

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-27  0:00 ` Greg Bergsma
From: Greg Bergsma @ 1996-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

jin.lu@zenithe.com wrote:
: Hi all,

: We are working on developing a real-time system based on
: vme cards (MIPS or Motorola) connected by vme backplane.
: Our customers require that we use commercial RTOS like
: pSos, VxWorks, VRTX and Chorus/OS and CORBA as a transparent
: communication means (our system is very concurrent and
: distributive).  We would like to consider Ada95 as the
: programming language for its nice features. Is there a way
: that we can put all things mentioned together?  Thanks for
: your response.

VME, RTOS and CORBA are certainly doable, but Ada complicates the issue.
The QNX RTOS (www.qnx.com) supports VME platforms and the Orbix CORBA
product (www.ione.ie). Check it out....
--

Greg Bergsma
DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-27  0:00   ` David C. Hoos, Sr.
From: David C. Hoos, Sr. @ 1996-09-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greg Bergsma <greg@cns.com.au> wrote in article <DyD8IE.7Kq@cns.com.au>...

The correct URL for Orbix is www.iona.ie (or www.iona.com) NOT www.ione.ie
--
David C. Hoos, Sr.,
http://www.dbhwww.com

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-29  0:00   ` Matthew Heaney
From: Matthew Heaney @ 1996-09-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <DyD8IE.7Kq@cns.com.au>, greg@cns.com.au (Greg Bergsma) wrote:

>jin.lu@zenithe.com wrote:
>: We are working on developing a real-time system based on
>: vme cards (MIPS or Motorola) connected by vme backplane.
>: Our customers require that we use commercial RTOS like
>: pSos, VxWorks, VRTX and Chorus/OS and CORBA as a transparent
>: communication means (our system is very concurrent and
>: distributive).  We would like to consider Ada95 as the
>: programming language for its nice features. Is there a way
>: that we can put all things mentioned together?  Thanks for
>: your response.

Doesn't Green Hills make an Ada compiler that sits on top of VxWorks?  (I
don't have their address.  Sorry...)

Matt

Matthew Heaney
Software Development Consultant
mheaney@ni.net
(818) 985-1271

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-30  0:00     ` Theodore Marz
From: Theodore Marz @ 1996-09-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greenhills does make an Ada compiler to use w/VxWorks... But it is Ada-83 not
-95.  They may be coming out with a -95 product....

Ted Marz

In article <mheaney-ya023180002909961343190001@news.ni.net>, mheaney@ni.net (Matthew Heaney) writes:
|> In article <DyD8IE.7Kq@cns.com.au>, greg@cns.com.au (Greg Bergsma) wrote:
|>
|> >jin.lu@zenithe.com wrote:
|> >: We are working on developing a real-time system based on
|> >: vme cards (MIPS or Motorola) connected by vme backplane.
|> >: Our customers require that we use commercial RTOS like
|> >: pSos, VxWorks, VRTX and Chorus/OS and CORBA as a transparent
|> >: communication means (our system is very concurrent and
|> >: distributive).  We would like to consider Ada95 as the
|> >: programming language for its nice features. Is there a way
|> >: that we can put all things mentioned together?  Thanks for
|> >: your response.
|>
|> Doesn't Green Hills make an Ada compiler that sits on top of VxWorks?  (I
|> don't have their address.  Sorry...)
|>
|> Matt
|>
|> --------------------------------------------------------------------
|> Matthew Heaney
|> Software Development Consultant
|> mheaney@ni.net
|> (818) 985-1271

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-09-30  0:00     ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 1996-09-30  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Green Hills	    813-781-4909
    2706 Alternate 19 North
    Palm Harbor, FL 34683
    fax 813-781-3915
    www.ghs.com
    sales@ghs.com

They do have an Ada95 compiler, currently being validated on a number of
targets. It can run over VxWorks.
--
- Stephe

* Re: vme cards, ada95 and orb
@ 1996-10-01  0:00       ` steved
From: steved @ 1996-10-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <324FD71A.1A1@gsfc.nasa.gov>, Stephen Leake <Stephen.Leake@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
>Green Hills	    813-781-4909
>    2706 Alternate 19 North
>    Palm Harbor, FL 34683
>    fax 813-781-3915
>    www.ghs.com
>    sales@ghs.com
>
>They do have an Ada95 compiler, currently being validated on a number of
>targets. It can run over VxWorks.
>--
>- Stephe
The rumor I heard was... beta in November.

SteveD