From: sampson%cod.nosc.mil@cod.nosc.mil  (Charles H. Sampson)
Subject: What Did Bofors Do?
Date: 6 Aug 91 17:31:02 GMT	[thread overview]

     I keep hearing that Bofors (a Swedish company, I think) has devel-
oped a library of reusable Ada code in the area of Navy tactical pro-
grams that is giving them a huge business advantage over their competi-
tion.  Can anyone confirm that?  More to the point, can anyone point to
a generally available paper that describes what they did in reasonable
detail?  I'm interested in how they decided what should go into their
library.  I'd also like to know how they justified the costs of develop-
ment.  (After years as a technical weenie, I can't believe I'm looking
at issues like that last one.)

                                Charlie