From: Ted Dennison <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: Game Development using Ada 95
Date: 1996/08/23
Date: 1996-08-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Larry Matthias wrote:

> Dear Ada Group,
>
>         I am interested in finding any information on groups that
>         are using Ada 95 for games. This includes Windows 95,
>         Nintendo, Sony Play Station, and Sega Saturn. Since Ada
>         was designed for real-time embedded systems I was curious
>         if anyone was using it.

Remember that Ada 95 is only a year and a half old.

Also, many game companies are still trying to get by with assembly.
The Ada (and C++) mindset is something that does not come naturally to
these folk. As games start getting bigger and more complicated this
will eventually HAVE to change. But today is not that day.

Now I DO know of a commercial engine controller that uses Ada 83...

--
T.E.D.
                |  Work - mailto:dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com  |