From: Larry Hazel <Larry.H.Hazel@cpmx.saic.com>
Cc: TeamAda <TEAM-ADA@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG>
Subject: Help!!  Need software to control Intel 8255
Date: 1996/08/23
Date: 1996-08-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I got no response to my first cry for help so I'll try again.

Does anyone have a package to provide control of the Intel 8255
Programmable Peripheral Interface in all modes under DOS or Windows.
Mode 0 (Basic I/O) is simple and well documented in the Intel data
sheets but Mode 2 (Bi-Directional bus) is neither simple nor well
documented and is what I need.  I thought maybe someone has already
waded through this and might share code/insight.

Even ugly C code (Is there any other kind?) might help.  Or perhaps a
suggestion for another newsgroup.

Thanks for any help

-- Larry Hazel => Larry.H.Hazel@cpmx.saic.com (205) 876-4509
-- I try to stay above C level,  I get C sick.
-- Team Ada & Team OS/2