From: Stephen & Tammy House <house@ro.com>
To: Markus Wahl <d95wahl@dtek.chalmers.se>
Subject: Re: Pipe UNIX-commands
Date: 1996/08/21
Date: 1996-08-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Markus Wahl wrote:

> I'd like to know how I can make unix-commands from inside my ada-program.
>
> Eg: The program shall pipe out the command 'ls' and then make something
> within the program with the output of 'ls'. Am I clear?
>
> Please reply booth to my e-mail adress and to this newsgroup.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Markus
>
> "Ouvre le Chien." (Open the dogs) - David Bowie
Have you tried reading from Standard_In?  I think you just have to be
aware that and End_Error is temporary condition until the system can get
some more stuff buffered up.  I'm not sure, but I think we've got some
utilities at work that work that way.  Let me know if I'm wrong.  I'd
hate to be running around with that stuck in my head if its not right.