From: Ken Garlington <garlingtonke@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: Fun with WebAda/GNAT
Date: 1996/08/19
Date: 1996-08-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> Yes, of course that is true, but what on earth does it [lack of delete function
> in WebAda] have to do with file naming errors -- the issue that started this
> rather curious thread!

Here's the sequence of events:

1. I wrote a test driver procedure for the Zoo package, named (quite creatively)
"Zoo_Driver."

2. I saved the procedure as Zoo_Driver.ads. This was a (minor) bad thing. GNAT
complained that I had saved a procedure body as a procedure spec, with the
humorous error message I posted originally.

3. I copied Zoo_Driver.ads to Zoo_Driver.adb. GNAT still complained that the .ads
file was misnamed (of course).

4. I tried to delete Zoo_Driver.ads.  No such function exists in WebAda.

5. I deleted the contents of Zoo_Driver.ads - made it a null file. GNAT complained
that it was a null file.

6. Finally, I put a specification for Zoo_Driver in Zoo_Driver.ads, namely:

   procedure Zoo_Driver;

and all was well. However, it's a little annoying - a delete function would have
been handy.

By the way, Doug Smith says:

> The delete unit operation will be available soon. It is not as
> straightforward as it sounds to have a clean interface using forms and
> cgi scripts and to maintain some level of protection from accidentally
> deleting someone else's file (or a predefined package specification!).

I'm not sure I see the difficulty. Currently, WebAda only shows me my files
on the file list. I can't edit other people's files, or pre-defined packages,
from that list. Just add a Delete button next to the Edit button on the file
list.

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"