* Intermetrics X11/Motif bindings
@ 1996-08-16  0:00 Joe DeKeyrel
From: Joe DeKeyrel @ 1996-08-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having difficulties with X11ada.tar.gz and motif.tar.gz under Linux with GNAT 3.05.

My problem:  when I run an application compiled with the Intermetrics binding I always receive a
segmentation fault.  Seems to be during the elaboration, I can't even make it into the body of an X-based
program, though I can run the testvar, testexten programs ( they execute, but at the end of the output I
receive a segmentation fault). BTW, all my "text" Ada stuff compiles and runs fine.

My setup:
Slackware distribution (originally the 1.2.1 kernel)
   moved to 1.2.13
   moved to 1.3.88 -- for Win95 VFAT support
gcc 2.7.2
libc 5.3.12
libm 5.0.6
binutils 2.6.0.14
ld.so 1.7.14

make 3.74-direntfix

486DX4-75
20 meg RAM

Any sugestions would be appreciated.

Joe.

* Intermetrics X11/Motif bindings
@ 1999-08-11  0:00 sejo1560
From: sejo1560 @ 1999-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am currently trying to compile the Intermetrics X11 and Motif
bindings under NT using the Aonix Object Ada compiler. I have got to
the stage where I am trying to link one of the supplied test programs
and I get un resolved references which I am unable to find a suitable
source for.

They are:

to_double
to_long
do_varargs
gnat_argc
gnat_argv

The to_long and to_double I could probably work out for myself, but the
others are a mystery to me. What is the intention of the call. Does
anybody have implementations of these calls for other platforms or even
for NT.

Thanks in advance

Sean Jorgensen-Day

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

* Re: Intermetrics X11/Motif bindings
@ 1999-08-11  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 1999-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7oqiva$9jq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  sejo1560@my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to compile the Intermetrics X11 and
Motif
> bindings under NT using the Aonix Object Ada compiler. I have
got to
> the stage where I am trying to link one of the supplied test
programs
> and I get un resolved references which I am unable to find a
suitable
> source for.
>
> They are:
>
> to_double
> to_long
> do_varargs
> gnat_argc
> gnat_argv

You are obviously using the GNAT versions of these bindings,
which are of course designed to work with GNAT.

You need to ask your vendor for an appropriate version of these
bindings. If Aonix cannot supply them, then you will have to
make your own modifications.

@ 1999-08-11  0:00   ` sejo1560
From: sejo1560 @ 1999-08-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <7oqkij$aq7$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Robert Dewar <robert_dewar@my-deja.com> wrote:
> In article <7oqiva$9jq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   sejo1560@my-deja.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently trying to compile the Intermetrics X11 and
> Motif
> > bindings under NT using the Aonix Object Ada compiler. I have
> got to
> > the stage where I am trying to link one of the supplied test
> programs
> > and I get un resolved references which I am unable to find a
> suitable
> > source for.
> >
> > They are:
> >
> > to_double
> > to_long
> > do_varargs
> > gnat_argc
> > gnat_argv
>
> You are obviously using the GNAT versions of these bindings,
> which are of course designed to work with GNAT.

Even under GNAT there are still missing external references:
> > to_double
> > to_long
> > do_varargs

These are the ones I need to track down.

> You need to ask your vendor for an appropriate version of these
> bindings. If Aonix cannot supply them, then you will have to
> make your own modifications.

My problem is that each vendor only supports certain platforms.
Aonix does provide bindings under Unix, not NT.

I need to find bindings that will compile and link under NT.
I do not care which compiler that they work with.
I have Motif and X libraries so that is not the issue here.

Regards

Sean

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/