From: Joe Colloca <jcolloca@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 Validated on HP
Date: 1996/08/06
Date: 1996-08-06T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> A note on annex terminology
> There are two quite different kinds of annexes in the RM. Some annexes
> are part of the core, and I have not heard the term "core annexe" as in
> the above reply, before, but that is a useful term. All of the annexes
> A,B and J are in this category
 [snip]

There had been some discussion on another thread regarding the use of
"Annex" when referring to Annex A and B because they are actually part
of the Core Language.. hence the term "Core Annex", somewhat of an
oxymoron, but... :-)

>Consequently, you really have to look carefully at 2.0
> validations. Some validated compilers passed 100% of the Ada 95 core tests
> and some passed 0%.
 [snip]

Absolutely correct - we've been stressing this point as well...ObjectAda
7.x compilers validated under 2.0 or 2.01 pass 100% Ada95 tests.
Optional Annex support is, of course, planned for the 7.x series and
beyond...

Joe Colloca