From: Dave Wood <dpw@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Foundation Classes
Date: 1996/08/02
Date: 1996-08-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Dale Pontius wrote:

> In article <31FE15A6.53A@comm.hq.af.mil>,
>         Chad Bremmon <chad.bremmon@comm.hq.af.mil> writes:
> >
> >I would like to get started on some work with
> >Portable Ada Foundation Classes.  If any of you
> >have looked at the WWW site, you know it hasn't
> >been updated for a while.
> >
> The name Ada Foundation Class kind of smacks of Microsoft
> Foundation Class. There are a couple of points about this...

I agree that a different name would be more
appropriate.  We are providing a binding to
MFC as part of the ObjectAda for Windows
product line, under the name Ada Foundation
Classes.  The notion of "Foundation Classes"
is pretty tightly tied to Windows and MFC in
particular, and especially bring to mind C++.

You need something more generic, like
Canonical Ada Classes (CAC).

-- Dave Wood
-- ObjectAda for Windows:  http://www.thomsoft.com