From: Dave Wood <dpw@thomsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 for Windows is here!
Date: 1996/08/02
Date: 1996-08-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> In article <31F587A5.636A@thomsoft.com>, Dave Wood  <dpw@thomsoft.com> wrote:
> >We are proud to announce our first generally
> >available release of ObjectAda for Windows, the
> >first validated Ada 95 compiler for Windows 95
> >and NT.
>
> Good news.  And congrats.
>
> Now, don't be shy, let's hear some pricing info.  Or is that considered
> too crass for comp.lang.ada?  IMHO, it would be useful info, and
> entirely appropriate.

Crassness is in the eye of the beholder.  :)

However, bacause of the various options, variations,
and international distribution and conversion issues,
I hesitate to state pricing here.  The internet has
provided some rapid "lessons learned" for international
companies...

I will say that we've followed the spirit of ActivAda
in attemption to price products to meet every need
(I should say, every reasonable need), with academic,
personal, professional, and project-based packaging
and pricing.

To contact the office nearest to you, see:

http://www.thomsoft.com/Locations.html

> >- Validated, robust Ada 95 compiler (full
> >  core language)
> >- Annexes A, B, C, and D
>
> Forgive me for nitpicking, but: Annexes A and B are part of the core
> language.

I thought it might look odd to say:

"ObjectAda includes Annexes C and D"

because no doubt a nitpicker of a different bent
would then ask:  "What happened to A and B?"

-- Dave Wood
-- ObjectAda for Windows:  http://www.thomsoft.com

"We do Ada...
 We do Java...