From: "Henry W. Schneiderman" <hwschne@isrc.sandia.gov>
Cc: hwschne@isrc.sandia.gov
Subject: GNAT memory allocation
Date: 1996/08/01
Date: 1996-08-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I've got a problem allocating memory using the GNAT Ada compiler v3.05
on a Sun Sparc 10 w/ Solaris 2.4.   When I declare large arrays (on the
order of 1 Meg) I get a core dump.  It seems like the memory for these
large arrays is allocated from the stack.  Is there a way force storage
of these arrays elsewhere in memory where there is more storage space --
maybe something equivalent to the "static" statement in c?  Are there
any pragmas that do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Henry Schneiderman
hwschne@isrc.sandia.gov or hws@cs.cmu.edu