From: "Wayne R. Lawton" <wlawton@servtech.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and SQL on a Sparc
Date: 1996/08/01
Date: 1996-08-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Greetings,

    I worked with Brad Balfour and Bill Pritchett on the Airfields
effort (hi guys) and can readily second (third?) their endorsement of
the OIS AdaConnect package.

    However, IF the goal is _simply_ to connect Oracle to a web page,
and not necessarily to demonstrate a successful usage of Ada, then why
not simply pull down Netscapes server with Oracle support?

    The technology works.  It is in place and operational.  I cannot
discuss the specific implementation site publicly.  The company I am
working for is a Netscape partner and the server may be alpha/beta.  We
are currently implementing a series of database
add/update/delete/modify/report applications for the same commercial
customer.

If Ada is required/desired then I strongly support OISs entire product
line.

Regards,
Wayne R. Lawton
WLawton@servtech.com