From: ekarak@softlab.ntua.gr (Elias Karakoulakis)
Subject: Help on Protected Objects..
Date: 1996/06/21
Date: 1996-06-21T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hello, I'm having a problem on protected objects and tasks.
I've built a client/server program that simulates a Bank (deposits,
withdrawals etc.) for a Course Exercise. I use a Protected Type to
handle critical actions (i.e. reading and writing to accounts), and
I've found out that calls to protected procedure WriteAccount, are
sometimes silently ignored, (I suspect when the object they try to
alter is in use.). This is my declaration part:
	protected type Treasury is
	    function ReadAccount(account:in integer) return integer;
	    procedure WriteAccount(account,amount:in integer);
	end Treasury;
How can I set the calling part to wait until the account is free?

TIA