From: "Theodore E. Dennison" <dennison@escmail.orl.mmc.com>
Subject: Re: Things that go BOOM (was Re: Limitations of Ada)
Date: 1996/07/31
Date: 1996-07-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

David Kristola wrote:

> Just to set the record straight, i am currently working on a missile program
> (hopefully, it will go BOOM when and where it is supposed to).
>
> Ken Garlington wrote:
> > Of course, for us LM types that build flight control systems,
> > we might prefer:
> >
> > "Lockheed Martin, we make things that make _other_ things go BOOM!"
>
> That too.
>
> > Byron Kauffman
> > LMTAS - "We Do Falcons Right"
>
> An F-16 can make a nice sonic BOOM.
>
> david kristola
> Work: davidk@os1.ese.lmsc.lockheed.com
> Play: DJKristola@aol.com
>
> My *revised* suggestion for Lockheed Martin's next slogan:
> "Lockheed Martin, we make things that go BOOM!, whoosh, ping, wherrrr, pop, shhhh,
> hummm (not necessarily the same thing, or at the same time)."

Well, our engine control/sensor monitoring/actuator controlling software should
neither go BOOM, nor make anything else go BOOM (unless you count the combustion
chamber inside the engine).

Additionally, the folks across the aisle from me in simulations just make things
LOOK like they went BOOM.

..here to help.
--
T.E.D.