From: "Thaddeus L. Olczyk" <olczyk@interaccess.com>
Subject: Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE OT EXPERTS???
Date: 1996/07/27
Date: 1996-07-27T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
> This is reminiscent of ObjectMagazine, a trash publication I

For the most part I asgree about Object, but I will point out that
occasionally they do have a good article such as Robert Martin's
and (sorry I foget the first name ) Newkirk's article.

> unfortunately thought looked interesting enough to buy.  First, CRC
> *is* a simple algorithm  --  there's nothing complicated in modulo
> division (I remember we had to implement the CRC algorithm as one
> of our assignments in a fundamental programming course back in
> 1982 or thereabouts).

Do you know why it's a good hash? Can you prove the polynomial you
use is prime? If you go to 64 bits, can you provide your own polynomial?
CRC is a simple algorithm to implement, implementation is not all there
is to programming.

>Second, I believe only managers are interested
> in "Class-Responsibility-Collaborator" cards  --  fancy acronym, which
> they can impress other (low-level) managers with, but (1) it's so
> trivial as to be completely useless, and (2) it's *worse* than useless
> because it's a completely action-centered approach.  Urgh.

So? That means it is not a legitamte question on a OO quiz?
There are many aspects to OO that I don't agree with. That does not
mean they are not legitamate consepts ( as concepts).
Thaddeus L. Olczyk