From: "P. Cnudde VH14 (8218)" <cnuddep@sh.bel.alcatel.be>
Subject: Re: Ariane 5 Failure - Summary Report
Date: 1996/07/26
Date: 1996-07-26T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Con Bradley wrote:

> I have read the report on the Ariane 5 failure and feel that
> somebody should congratulate ESA for their remarkable candour
> in making this report so widely available.

I agree fully with you on this point, but you should not forget
that they are using our money (our = european taxpayers) to finance
there projects so they owe something to the public.

I read the report and I found it nost interesting lecture. My personal conclusion
is that no matter what effort you put in a system, it can always go wrong.
(I don't say you should not put all the possible effort in it, otherwise it
will certainly go wrong)

> It is a pity that other organizations are not so willing to
> go public on their mistakes.

It's even worse, people get fired when they try to mistakes public.

> SGS Thomson Microelectronics Limited
A Microelectronics collegue in comp.lang.ada, interesting !

--

   ____________          Peter Cnudde
   \          /          Alcatel Telecom