* Re: Reply#1 To NIST request about "high integrity" C, C++
       [not found] <01I7DSIB7BI6001G94@emamv1.orl.mmc.com>
@ 1996-07-23  0:00 ` Ken Garlington
From: Ken Garlington @ 1996-07-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mike Berens wrote:

> NSTEWART@ccmail.dsccc.com wrote:
>
> If I am not mistaken the Government allegedly solved this problem
> about ten years ago.
> The solution was called Ada.

(The "problem" being a search for tools to use in analyzing
safety-critical C/C++ code)

Actually, if you look at the list of features desired, Ada doesn't
directly supply all of them. However, there are commercial tools
that can be used to do these type of analyses on Ada code. Ada, of
course, may make it easier to do the analysis, but it doesn't magically
generate all the information on the NIST wish list:

--
LMTAS - "Our Brand Means Quality"

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-07-23  0:00 UTC | newest]