From: "Michel.Guyot" <mguyot@sema-taa.fr>
Subject: Re: HOOD?
Date: 1996/07/19
Date: 1996-07-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I've been aware of information circulating about the HOOD tools
and, in particular, a sharp comment (from Hugh Dunne) about the
Concerto tool. Being a  provider of this tool, I'm glad Hugh claims
that the opinion he expresses is strictly a personal one.

All tools have qualities and drawbacks. We have some critics from
Concerto users and they are welcome. They help us improve the tool as
we've done several times, in the successive versions.

However, no one ever rejected the Concerto tool and we can state that
most of the users are happy with it. Moreover, it is recommended by the
European Space Agency (in the ESSDE environment) and is used in
several European space projects as well as in important defence and
energy projects.

I wonder if Hugh has a problem with the method (he doesn't seem very
enthousiastic about it). Or is it that he prefers a simple tool
like Select Software which has limited functionalities and therefore
is much easier to use. In my opinion, a powerful tool is the best way
to take full advantage of the HOOD method.

In any case, Concerto/HOOD proceeds with its successful career
and brings to its users new important facilities such as the
recent "reverse Ada/HOOD" feature making easier to update the design
after modification of the code, and thus helping to keep the design
and the code consistent.

Gerard Cohen
Sema Group, Fontenay-sous-bois, France
Email: Gerard.Cohen@sema-taa.fr