From: "John S. Harbaugh" <johnh@bunsen.ds.boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Tasks in Gnat3.05 for Dos?
Date: 1996/07/16
Date: 1996-07-16T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Spasmo wrote:

> Hi.
>
> As some may know I'm running Gnat3.05 for DOS (in a DOS box
> in Win95 to be precise) and I'm trying to compile some simple
> code that uses tasks.  Well it compiles fine, but when it
> tries to link it gives me the error "can't find -lgthreads".
>
> Now I've gotten the stuff from the lglwww site (that main Ada
> site), and I've used ginstall to install, read the docs so
> that my environment was set, and checked around on my
> hardrive for any file resembling that name but to no avail.
>
> So my question is, is there something missing from my
> implementation, or is tasking not implemented
> in this version, and if so why do they even let us compile
> code with tasks in it?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Spasmo
> "Here's a present just for you
> When you open it, you'll be through"
>         "Letter Bomb" by the Circle Jerks

This common problem and others are documented in Readme.dos.  You will
find it in your gnat305 directory.

"3) When running under Windows 95 you may have to rename libgthre.a or
libgth~1.a to libgthreads.a in order for the linker to find it."

Best regards,

	-John Harbaugh
The Boeing Company
"This disclaimer is not legally binding"