From: "James A. Squire" <m193884@CSEHP3.MDC.COM>
Subject: Re: Subunits of packages vs. subunits of subprograms
Date: 1996/07/15
Date: 1996-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert Dewar wrote:

> You realize of course that subunits are, in many instances, obsoleted by
> the notion of child units. Most, but not all, uses of subunits in Ada 83
> are more comfortably replaced by the use of child units in Ada 95.
> So to a certain extent subunits are being provided for backwards
> compatibility.

.... assuming that the only separates one uses are packages.  Some of us
use separates for subprograms within a package, for the reasons implied
by David Morton in his last posting on this thread, and so for us, child
units certainly do not obsolete subunits "in many instances."
--
James Squire
MDA Avionics Tools & Processes