From: "ivory@tower.com" <ivory@tower.com>
Subject: Re: Announcement: Razor 4.0 available.
Date: 1996/07/05
Date: 1996-07-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Somebody wrote...
> I certainly don't object to brief vendor announcements of this type, but
> wouldn't they be more useful if they at least gave a hint as to what they
> were about.

Whoops.  <blush>
My mistake.

I may have been a bit too successful in my efforts to keep things brief.
The final line of my .signature and the light mentions of verson control
and problem tracking in the body should have been expanded upon, but it's
sometimes hard to decide where/when a 'news' posting turns into an
infomercial.

Razor is an integrated software package to handle both configuration
management and problem tracking needs.  Other software packages that
address this are SCCS/RCS, ClearCase, P3, PVCS, et al for the version
control aspect, and DDTs or GNATS for the problem tracking aspect.  I
could elaborate (ad nausea) about how the products differ from a technical
and pricing perspective, but will spare you the pain (unless you ask ;-).

We normally have kept posts about the product confined to the comp.software.eng
and comp.software.config-mgmt groups, where our product is discussed from
time to time.  One of our customers suggested that we post here since we
have a well established customer base in the Ada/DoD environment.

Thanks,
John

John E. Ivory          103 Sylvan Way              /   ___         ___  ___
ivory@tower.com        New Hartford, NY 13413     /   /  / | /| / /_   /__/
                       V: 315-724-3540           /   /__/  |/ |/ /__  /  \
http://www.tower.com   F: 315-724-3129            C O N C E P T S ,  I N C

------ Razor: File version control with integrated problem tracking -------