* Don Erway is an idiot - his inept Usenet forgeries prove it
       [not found]               ` <DERWAY.96Jun23202256@alumnae.ndc.com>
@ 1996-06-24  0:00                 ` Dr. Dimitri Vulis
From: Dr. Dimitri Vulis @ 1996-06-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <DERWAY.96Jun23202256@alumnae.ndc.com>, the notorious lying forger
 derway@ndc.com (D. Erway) wastes bandwidth the the sound and the fury:
>If you find Colin James' messages to be offensive, please contact the
>admins for his latest domain:
>
>And ask them to cancel his access.

And if you find Don Erway's idotic forgeries to be offensive, please contact
the admins for the domain he forged this article from, and ask them to cancel
his access.

]From: derway@ndc.com (D. Erway)

Looks like complains about Don Erways forgeries should be sent to:

          postmaster@caltech.edu, postmaster@alumni.caltech.edu

(This guy is so stupid, he must be an ADA contractor. :-)

* Re: Don Erway's posting
       [not found] ` <4q6is8$6un@news4.digex.net>
       [not found]   ` <31C85CC4.3862@oma.com>
@ 1996-06-25  0:00   ` D. Erway
From: D. Erway @ 1996-06-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is off topic.  But I am being publicly attacked, so I will publicly
defend myself.  The attacks are occuring because Colin James' account with
concentric.net was suspended when I forwarded some of his posts, (including
one where he forged the reply-to/return-address fields to derway@ndc.com) to
the sys admins at concentric.net.  He brought the suspension upon himself by
behaving unacceptably, yet now he blames me, rather than himself.

 dv> And if you find Don Erway's idotic forgeries to be offensive, please
 dv> contact the admins for the domain he forged this article from, and ask
 dv> them to cancel his access.

 dv> ]Path: ...!nntp-server.caltech.edu!nntp-server.caltech.edu!derway
 dv>                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 dv> ]From: derway@ndc.com (D. Erway)

I have posted this way for years.  Any mail sent to the alumni account is
forwarded to me here.  NDC is my primary affiliation, and has been for the
last 12 years.  My usenet postings go out from alumi.caltech.edu, (or
alumnae.caltech.edu).

Does anyone see any problem with this?

Colin and friends, just give up.  If you consistently at least attempt to
contribute on topic valuable postings to the usenet, people will come to know
and respect you.

If you consistently contribute the filthy bile that you do, people will also
come to know you.  While you put yourself in this category, you cannot damage
the reputation of a person in the other category.

I know that you have forged a message supposedly from my boss, Dan Fishman.
He is now receiving messages supporting me and my postings to all the groups I
contribute to.  Thanks for making sure he sees my true standing in the usenet
community.  (And thanks to the folks who have jumped to my defense.)  I have
been in contact with concentric.net, who will be canceling the article, and
trying to find out who forged it.

If you just go away, and quit harassing me, I will certainly forget all about
you.  But I will not knuckle under to continued harassement.

Don

	Don Erway			derway@ndc.com
	Software Manager
	NDC Systems			818-939-3847
	5413 N. Irwindale Ave		Fax:939-3870
	Irwindale, CA, 91706

Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions, and not those of my company,
or anyone else.

* Re: Don Erway is an idiot - his inept Usenet forgeries prove it
@ 1996-06-25  0:00                   ` Stephen Boursy
From: Stephen Boursy @ 1996-06-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <wVX2PD214w165w@bwalk.dm.com>,
Dr. Dimitri Vulis <dlv@bwalk.dm.com> wrote:
>In article <DERWAY.96Jun23202256@alumnae.ndc.com>, the notorious lying forger
> derway@ndc.com (D. Erway) wastes bandwidth the the sound and the fury:
>>
>>If you find Colin James' messages to be offensive, please contact the
>>admins for his latest domain:
>>
>>And ask them to cancel his access.

	Oh my--this bastard D. Erway needs from very special offline
attention.  Do know much about this net.scum Dr. Vulis??

	Anyone out there who has any complaints sent by net.scum
D. Erway trying to get your plug pulled or otherwise censor you
please forward me a copy along with any response you might get
from your provider--we carefully track little bastards like him.

>And if you find Don Erway's idotic forgeries to be offensive, please contact
>the admins for the domain he forged this article from, and ask them to cancel
>his access.

	Oh--I don't think his access should be cancelled--he should
be instead prosecuted.  Better yet to document it and investigate
details of his offline life.  I hate forgers and in my mind they
have no rights.

				Steve
				news.admin.censorship

>]From: derway@ndc.com (D. Erway)
>
>Looks like complains about Don Erways forgeries should be sent to:
>
>          postmaster@caltech.edu, postmaster@alumni.caltech.edu
>
>(This guy is so stupid, he must be an ADA contractor. :-)

* Re: Don Erway's lies
@ 1996-06-27  0:00   ` D. Erway
From: D. Erway @ 1996-06-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

 dv> Date: Wed, 26 Jun 96 21:48:52 EDT

 >> The attacks are occuring because Colin James' account with
 >> concentric.net was suspended when I forwarded some of his posts, (including

 dv> Don Erway is lying again, as usual. The account of The Right Reverend Colin
 dv> James III at concentric.net has never been suspended, not even for a minute,
 dv> your forged false complaints nonewithstanding.  They know you're a liar, so
 dv> they delete all e-mail from you without reading it.  They just ignore
 dv> you.

All right asshole.  I've had it with you and your kind.  Try this:

To: "D. Erway" <derway@alumni.caltech.edu>
Cc: plb@cris.com, chady@cris.com, df@ndc.com, Thomas.Burns@odi.com,
        smithrud@advtech.uswest.com
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 12:25:44 -0400
From: "Peter L. Buschman" <plb@sunshine.cris.com>

Mr. Erway,

What follows is as official a statement as I am permitted to make.  You
may repeat this information in the newsgroups to defend your position, but
circumstances prevent me from taking that step personally.

The accounts cjames3@cris.com and cjames3@concentric.net have been suspended
as of Wed, Jun 26, 1996 12:27:51 EDT, and are no longer valid on our service.

This is the most information I can give to you.  Further inquiries on the
matter should be addressed to Robert Chady <chady@cris.com>

Kindest regards,

	Peter L. Buschman

--
Peter L. Buschman                           Email:  plb@cris.com
UNIX System Administrator                   Voice:  517.895.1627

You and CJ (if you are not the same jerk) must leave in shame now.  Your lying
it completely exposed.  You have both claimed the account was was never
suspended.  Reality catches up eventually.

Go away, and quit your spreading of lies and abuse!!!!!

@ 1996-06-28  0:00     ` Joe Lumbley
From: Joe Lumbley @ 1996-06-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

D. Erway (derway@ndc.com) wrote:

Has anyone seen any legal cases regarding libel and slander over the Internet?
Never thought I'd say this, but where are the lawyers when you need them?

Big :)

Joe
Joe Lumbley(jlumbley@netcom.com)

* Re: Don Erway's lies
@ 1996-07-01  0:00       ` Gerald M. Huhtala
From: Gerald M. Huhtala @ 1996-07-01  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Lumbley wrote:

> D. Erway (derway@ndc.com) wrote:
>
> Has anyone seen any legal cases regarding libel and slander over the Internet?
> Never thought I'd say this, but where are the lawyers when you need them?
>
> Big :)
>
> Joe
> --
> Joe Lumbley(jlumbley@netcom.com)

Your not kidding Joe.

This thread has gotten out of hand big time.

I think we should let this thread just die so these two children can take their game
elsewhere. It won't take much more time before the libel cases start. I'm sure it was a
few years after newspapers were created before someone's flame got called on.

I'd like a receipt for my $0.02 please.

Gerald
 "Don't ask me, the body was like that when I got here."

 Gerald M.Huhtala                             \\///
 Work:     gmhuhtala@mmm.com                  (o o)
           http://www.keane.com/          -ooO-(_)-Ooo-
 Personal: adinirac@calhoun.lakes.com
           http://calhoun.lakes.com/~adinirac/

* Re: Don Erway's lies
@ 1996-07-02  0:00       ` Steve Branam
From: Steve Branam @ 1996-07-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Check out http://www.counsel.com/cyberspace/libel.html (and other
interesting aspects of cyberspace law).
---
Steve Branam              Hub Products Engineering          508-486-6043
branam@dechub.lkg.dec.com Digital Equipment Corporation     DTN 226-6043