* Gnat 3.05 problem
@ 1996-06-23  0:00 Philip Philipov
From: Philip Philipov @ 1996-06-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: news.usf.edu

Recently I downloaded the GNAT compiler and wanted to use it on my PC,
but I wasn't able to make it compile.
Whenever I try to compile any program, I run into the message
 "text.io(spec) is not a language defined unit".
It comes with the same message for any library file I try to use.

Can somebody help me with that ?

Philip

From: Philip Philipov @ 1996-06-23  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recently I downloaded the GNAT compiler and wanted to use it on my PC,
but I wasn't able to make it compile.
Whenever I try to compile any program, I run into the message
 "text.io(spec) is not a language defined unit".
It comes with the same message for any library file I try to use.

Can somebody help me with that ?

Philip

* Re: Gnat 3.05 problem
@ 1996-06-24  0:00 ` John McCabe
From: John McCabe @ 1996-06-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Philip Philipov <filipov@eng.usf.edu> wrote:

>Recently I downloaded the GNAT compiler and wanted to use it on my PC,
>but I wasn't able to make it compile.
>Whenever I try to compile any program, I run into the message
> "text.io(spec) is not a language defined unit".
>It comes with the same message for any library file I try to use.

>Can somebody help me with that ?

Sounds like you should be using Text_IO and are using Text.IO. You
could try that for starters but I'm sure Robert Dewar will be able to
point you in the right direction, even without an example of the code
that gives you the error.

Best Regards
John McCabe <john@assen.demon.co.uk>

* Re: Gnat 3.05 problem
@ 1996-06-24  0:00 ` Nasser Abbasi
From: Nasser Abbasi @ 1996-06-24  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philip Philipov

   From: Philip Philipov <filipov@eng.usf.edu>
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.ada

   Recently I downloaded the GNAT compiler and wanted to use it on my PC,
   but I wasn't able to make it compile.
   Whenever I try to compile any program, I run into the message
    "text.io(spec) is not a language defined unit".
   It comes with the same message for any library file I try to use.

   Can somebody help me with that ?

I remember a while ago getting such an error, (it sounds the same), and I had
my environemnt path wrong, was still pointing to the older gnat version, and I
have installed the new one in different place, so You can try to make sure
your ada setpath.bat is correct, environment paths points to correct directory
(did you have an earlier version of Gnat installed on your PC or was this
the first one? ). If this is not the case you can try to send report to
gnat will full detailes.

nasser

--
Nasser Abbasi. C/C++/Ada Solaris. GeneAssist - A client/server application
for Nucleic acid and protein sequence search and analysis.