From: "Sandeep V. Kharkar" <skharkar@vzcorp.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie question (Range Specifiers)
Date: 1996/06/20
Date: 1996-06-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Sandeep V. Kharkar (I Myself) wrote:
>	  RE :: grammer rule -->
>         range_spec ::= name ' range ( static_expression )
>         but I found no examples of the use of this grammer rule.
>         What is this syntax used for ??

	In response I got two mail replies...
	For the sake of completeness here's
	a summary of the replies...

	This is related to multidimensional arrays.
	The argument between brackets specifies which
	dimension is concerned.

	EXAMPLE ::
		A : array (1..2, 1..5) of integer;
		A'range(2) = 1..5

	Similarly the attributes 'FIRST, 'LAST and
	'LENGTH also have subscripted versions
	for use with multi-dimensional arrays.

	My ThanX to Mark Biggar and Laurent Gasser.

--
~Sandeep

skharkar@vzcorp.com
http://www.cs.usu.edu/students/SandeepKharkar/index.html

"To know recursion you must first know recursion !!"